A:Hi, Kim. I can’t believe that the summer is almost over.
嗨,金姆。我真不能相信這個夏天就要過去了。
B:I know. Time flies!
是啊。光陰似箭。
A:Friday is a holiday. Let’s take advantage of the long weekend. Do you want to go to New York? We could leave Thursday night and spend the whole weekend in the city.
星期五放假。讓我們好好利用一下這個長周末。想不想去紐約?我們可以星期四晚上走,整個周末都呆在那里。
B:Okay. But I’d rather go on Friday. I have to get my car fixed on Thursday.
好啊,不過我想星期五走,我星期四要把車修好。
A:All right. We can take turns driving.
好吧,我們可以輪流開車。
B:Fine. We won’t get so tired that way.
不錯,這樣我們就不會太累。
A:I’m looking forward to seeing New York. I’ve never been there, but I have always wanted to go.
我真盼望看到紐約啊。我從來沒去過,但一直就想去。
B:I haven’t either. Let’s make the most of our weekend.
我也是。讓我們盡情享受周末吧。
A:We can go sightseeing during the day. In the evening we can go to a play. Do you think we can get tickets?
我們白天可以去觀光。晚上就去看表演。你說我們會買到票嗎?
B:I don’t think we stand a chance. It’s hard to get tickets on weekends. Anyway, we can try.
我想我們買不到。周末買票太難了。不管怎樣,還是試一下吧。
A:It doesn’t matter. There are hundreds of things to do in New York, especially during a holiday.
不要緊。紐約有那么多事可做呢,尤其是在周末。
B:You’re right! Whatever we do, we are sure to have a good time.
對!不管我們做什么,都會玩得很盡興的。
A:Great! I can’t wait until Friday!
太好了!我盼著快到星期五!